Despite what people may say, PSP is better than Nintendo. The games like God of war, Grand Theft Auto, Daxter, Crisis core, and Shin Megami Tensei made my childhood special. That feeling to play endless PSP games until your fingers go numb was genuinely satisfying. Unfortunately, many of these PSP games are not available for Android smartphones.
Recently, I met my childhood friends after a long time. We discussed all the good old memories of playing non-stop PSP games on my PlayStation Portable console. We were so into these games that we even started a competition prize for the winner. Although the award was just a tiny candy, the efforts to get it were authentic. I can’t deny that those were undoubtedly the best stress-free days.
Interesting Stuff: Best Ben 10 Games for Android phones
As soon as I came home, I searched for my PSP console. Yes, I still have it. Apart from a few scratches on the screen and a battery that doesn’t last long, it still runs the PSP games smoothly. After several decades, I finally played my personal favorite, the final fantasy seven games. I would say that this was indeed the best feeling I got after a long time.
However, if you don’t have a PSP console, there is still a way to experience these amazing classic games. All you need is an Android mobile phone. Yes, that’s it! Have you ever thought that you could play all those PSP games on your Android phone? This step-by-step guide will share an easy method to download, install, and play any PSP games on Android without using a PC.
PSP in a Pocket
Carrying around the PSP gaming console nowadays can be embarrassing and old-fashioned. And if you have a powerful Android smartphone in your pocket, why is the need for that PSP console? Most users worldwide prefer to play games on an Android phone rather than a PC. And why not? Today’s smartphones are powerful with high-end graphics and RAM.
Moreover, playing games on Android is more straightforward and easily accessible to a broader audience. The best part is that you only need to use a single finger. This makes it a lot less complicated than traditional PC video games. Well, coming back to the PSP, you can easily play the PlayStation portable games on your phone without a PC. All you need is a PSP emulator for your Android handset.
There are several PSP emulators available on Google Play Store. These apps are specially designed to run PSP games on Android smoothly. Besides, some PSP emulator apps can even be compatible with Windows, Linux, and macOS. Out of all, my favorite PSP emulator is PPSSPP and UltraPSP. These emulators support many games without any lag or FPS drop issues.
Do you want to install and play PSP games on your Android smartphone? If yes, try these PSP games on your Android phone and get away from that hectic and depressing life. It’s totally worth it, man!
Steps to Install and Play PSP Games on Android without PC
Go through the step-by-step guide to use PPSSPP and play PSP games on Android.
Step 1: Install PSP Emulator
- First, download and install the latest PSP Emulator on your mobile phone.
- Make sure that the emulator app is compatible with your phone and the Android version.
- Most of the apps require Android version 6.0 Marshmallow or above.
Step 2: Download PSP Games
- Next, you’ll have to download PSP games for Android phones.
- There are plenty of websites that legally provide PSP games download links.
Not to be missed: Best PSP Games Of All Time
Step 3: Extract the Game file
- Once you’ve downloaded the PlayStation game, you’ll have to extract the RAR, 7Z, ZIP, etc., archive.
- After extracting, scroll through the files inside to ensure no other files need to be extracted.
- Inside the extracted folder, you’ll see the game ISO or CSO file.
Step 4: Launch PSP Emulator
- Open the PPSSPP emulator that you’ve just installed.
- The app will ask permission to access photos, media, and files on your device.
- Tap on the Allow button.
- Browse to the extracted game folder.
- Inside the folder, you’ll see the cover image of the extracted PSP game.
- This is nothing but the PSP ISO game file. Tap on that game cover image.
- This will start the PSP game on your Android phone.
Step 5: Play
- Sit back and enjoy your favorite PSP game on your mobile phone.
- You’ll notice that the gameplay controls are on top of the game itself. But that’s how every video game console emulator works.
- If you find it challenging to handle the controls, you can connect a PS4 controller to your Android device.
Even though the feeling of literally playing on the Sony PlayStation Portable is different than your Android device, I would still suggest you try it once. I bet you won’t regret it!