Download Android 10 update for Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973F smartphone. Recently, Samsung has released a stable Android 10, especially for S10 users. That means now you can enjoy and experience all the latest Android 10 features on your device. Moreover, this official OTA update comes with the latest December 2019 security patch as well. In this guide, we’ll update Samsung Galaxy S10 to Android 10 G973FXXU3BSKO firmware.
Talking about the Galaxy S10 specs, it comes with 6.1 inches of display with 1440 x 3040 pixels of resolution. Furthermore, it sports Exynos 9820 Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. Finally, we’ll download and install the official Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973F. Additionally, this software update is based on Android version 10 with build number G973FXXU3BSKO. Here, we will use the Odin3-v3.13.1 flash tool to manually install this Indian INS firmware file.
Android 10: Overview
Earlier, it was the German users who received this Android 10 update. And now it is rolled out for Asian countries including India as well. To be specific, some of the countries where Android 10 is released are Poland, Spain, United Kingdom, France, Spain and many more. Most important, this stable Android 10 update comes with the latest One UI 2.0 with various enhancements over the earlier One UI 1.1 and One UI 1.5.
Besides, the latest One UI 2.0 features are enhanced navigation gestures, new build-in screen recorder, focus mode in Digital Wellbeing, build-in screen recorder, improved face recognition, re-designed camera UI, slow motion in selfie videos, simple device maintenance, one-handed mode gesture, and various major UI changes. On the contrary, if you want to regain back default Stock firmware, then this tutorial will assist you to do so.
- PDA Version: G973FXXU3BSKO
- CSC Version: G973FOXM3BSKO
- MODEM Version: G973FXXU3BSKL
- Model Name: Samsung Galaxy S10
- Model Number: SM-G973F
- OS Version: Android 10
- Build Date: 16 December 2019
- Country: India (INS)
The steps mentioned ahead are risky. Hence implement them carefully. We at Droid Thunder will not be held responsible for any damage whatsoever. Moreover, the Samsung firmware used below is the property of their respective owners.
Flash this firmware only on Samsung Galaxy S10 with model number SM-G973F. Most importantly, do not install this Android 10 software update on any other device or variant. It might permanently damage or brick your phone.
- To avoid interruption, charge your device to 60%.
- Backup your important phone data and settings. This is essential as everything gets deleted in this process.
- Install the Samsung USB drivers on your computer.
- (Optional) Temporary disable all the security tools as well as antivirus on your computer.
Steps to install Android 10 on Samsung Galaxy S10:
- Extract the downloaded file on your computer.
- Switch off your Galaxy S10 completely.
- Now restart it into downloading mode. For that, press and hold Volume Down key + Power Button simultaneously.
- Leave both the keys as soon as you see a warning message.
- To continue, press Volume Up key.
- Using a USB cable, connect your phone to the computer.
- Open the downloaded Odin flash tool.
- Verify whether the ID: COM section is turned light blue or not.
- If such a thing doesn’t happen then install Samsung USB drivers again. If the problem still persists, change USB cable or USB port.
- Moreover, check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options as shown below.
- Click the BL button now. Then browse and select firmware package file with ‘BL’ in its name.
- Similarly, add the CP and HOME_CSC files.
- Note that the HOME_CSC contains an instruction that allows Odin to only wipe cache while Normal CSC contains an instruction to wipe out complete data. But when a downgrade is done (example: from Pie back to Nougat) a factory reset is a must. So use normal CSC at that time.
- Now click on the USERDATA button and select the ‘USERDATA’ file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Finally, click on the AP button and select the ‘AP’ file from the firmware package.
- Let’s start the Android 10 Samsung Galaxy S10 flashing process now. For that, press the Start button as shown below.
- This will initiate the actual Galaxy S10 Android 10 firmware flashing process. Note that Your mobile will automatically restart now. Do NOT disconnect the USB cable from PC.
- As soon as the flashing completes, the ID: COM section will show a Pass message. This will confirm that your Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973F is successfully upgraded to official Android 10 XXU3BSKO firmware.
Note: Unfortunately if Odin fails, then close everything, again boot the phone into download mode and repeat the complete process again.
Finally! The official Android 10 XXU3BSKO stock firmware update is successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973F smartphone. To verify the same, navigate to Menu » Settings » About Phone. For any queries or suggestions, use the comment box given below.